FROM THE INSIDE OUT
Bowel Balance can be used in a number of conditions associated with gastrointestinal disturbance and discomfort like IBS, ENGORD, and NSAID-induced gastritis.11
What is IBS
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is one of the most common gastrointestinal disorders.12
It affects the large intestine13 and although it is not life-threatening14, the symptoms can greatly reduce the quality of your health and lifestyle.
What are the causes?
- Dietary factors21
- Candidiasis (Candida syndrome)22
- Certain medication24
- Lactose intolerance25
- Gut flora imbalance26
What are the signs?
- Bouts of diarrhoea, constipation or both15
- Small and pellet-like stools16
- Watery, ribbony stool17
- Mucus in stools18
- Urgency to use the toilet19
How is it treated?
Common recommendations include28:
- Eating small meals slowly and at regular intervals
throughout the day
- Drinking at least two litres of water a day
- Reducing or avoiding caffeinated, fizzy and alcoholic drinks
- Limiting fresh fruit to three small portions a day
- Exercising regularly
- Quitting or avoiding smoking