Bowel Balance can be used in a number of conditions associated with gastrointestinal disturbance and discomfort like IBS, ENGORD, and NSAID-induced gastritis.
What is IBS
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is one of the most common gastrointestinal disorders.
It affects the large intestine and although it is not life-threatening, the symptoms can greatly reduce the quality of your health and lifestyle.
What are the causes?
- Dietary factors
- Candidiasis (Candida syndrome)
- Certain medication
- Lactose intolerance
- Gut flora imbalance
What are the signs?
- Bouts of diarrhoea, constipation or both
- Small and pellet-like stools
- Watery, ribbony stool
- Mucus in stools
- Urgency to use the toilet
How is it treated?
Common recommendations include:
- Eating small meals slowly and at regular intervals
throughout the day
- Drinking at least two litres of water a day
- Reducing or avoiding caffeinated, fizzy and alcoholic drinks
- Limiting fresh fruit to three small portions a day
- Exercising regularly
- Quitting or avoiding smoking